While many online businesses are looking to Migrate from Magento 1 to 2, platform developers are already updating the version with new functionalities.
The new version iteration focuses on B2B development as mentioned in the company webinar held in June.
Magento developers are excited about the launch of version 2.2 to leverage the technology better for clients in more brand new ways than ever. Here are some improvements introduced in the latest version:
- Account management – B2B merchants can now support client accounts with diverse buyers in different organizations with efficient self-service tools
- Quote engine – Allows for negotiations as customers can now convert a cart to quote instead of orders. Merchants can then ascertain prices with comments.
- Credit purchases – Companies can now choose payment on credit while merchants can adjust credits and edit those options on a constant basis.
- Custom catalogs with prices. Merchants can now control products and their categories and price lists even sending in different price lists for different companies
- Revamped API for ERP integrations – Web APIs are now available that expand on the feature set for company accounts, users, credit limits & transactions. The APIs are also available for quotes and requisition lists. The bulk Tier Price API can now update several product prices quickly.
- Performance Toolkit – New changes related to profiles update, quicker generation, B2B entity support have pushed performance levels upward.
- Minimized core around plugins – Call parameters are added to plugins with minimized core around them, making it easier to debug with minimal clicks.
- Enhanced Deployment flow – The function will allow export configurations in different environments and upgrades will happen in seconds.
Removal of Unserialize() calls – unserialize() calls are now removed from all except for performance code for reducing vulnerability issues.
Upgraded hashing algorithm – Hashing algorithm was upgraded to upgrade security for the most sensitive values.
Other major upgrades include the addition of extended reports with an advanced reporting module, so that data can now be stored in graphs with the required metrics. The changes also provide the opportunity to identify and eliminate roguish orders with 100% protection on chargebacks.
There are a number of index improvements while customers can even browse the store shop while the indexing process is on. Magento will also drop support for the latest PHP versions 5.6 and PHP 7.1 along with MySQL 5.7 and Redis 3.2. Magento also highlights and improves deployment process with its latest update.
Magento with the 2.2 version, is now becoming a better and more comfortable tool for transforming online businesses for the best. Magento concentration on the B2B approach is bound to usher in bigger opportunities to clients.